(This is a condensed version of an essay submitted by Alfred
In our time many people believe that the creation account is a myth and they deny what the Bible says regarding the flood of Noah. No wisdom of man or scientific knowledge can solve the mystery of creation; only God can tell us in His book, the Bible.
To understand the tragedy of the Flood, we must answer the question, "Are the masses of water now on earth in the same places as when God created the earth?" Land masses now comprise only 21 percent to 22 percent of the earth's surface while the remaining 78 or 79 percent is water. According to the Bible it has not always been so.
Copyright ? 1972 Bible Science Newsletter. Creation Moments, Inc. PO Box 839 Foley, MN 56329 800-422-4253 www.creationmoments.com
Three former staunch evolutionists have recently publicly challenged the basic foundations of evolution theory. Astronomers Sir Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe and palenotologist Colin Patterson have put the scientific world into a spin by renouncing essential tenets of the very theory on which they had built their careers without accepting the creation alternative.
Photo: Francis Crick. Courtesy of Marc Lieberman. (CC-BY-SA 2.5)
Richard Dawkins, the world's most famous out-of-the-closet living atheist and evolutionary biologist, said in an interview with Salon Magazine: "For a long time it seemed clear to just about everybody that the beauty and elegance of the world seemed to be prima facie evidence for a divine creator. "
Critics of the Biblical faith say that a faith which understands the Bible on its own terms is an assault on the thinking mind. Atheists consider the Biblical faith a rejection of human mental abilities. Religious liberals and those who follow non-Christian religions consider Christianity a "blind leap of faith" which must either reject reason and evidence or set up a special and segregated mental reality to accept the Bible. But is it true that in His revelation God expects us to abandon the mental capacities He has given us?
In Colossians 1:16-20 we are told that the Christ who created all things also upholds all things; that He must be God to save us from our sins; that He had to rise from the dead; that He who is above all angels and devils, must be predominant in all things.
Is the age of the Earth important enough to argue about? It can be said, in a limited and incomplete sense, that it really doesn't matter whether the creation was made 2,000 years ago or 20 billion years ago. Unlimited billions of years won't perform the miracles evolutionists hope to find by multiplying eons by eons.
1. Raymond F. Surburg, How Dependable is the Bible? (Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company) 1972, pages 77-79. 2. For more examples see Henry M. Morris, The Genesis Record (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House) 1976, pages 43-46. 3. J. Pelican an
Following God's very last act of creation – that is, the creation of Eve on the first Friday evening – He blessed both Adam and Eve, then gave them their mandate: "Be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth. I have given you every herb that yields seed ... every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food… Also to every beast, etc... I have given every green herb for food (Genesis 1:28-30).
Note: Creation Moments exists to provide Biblically sound materials to the Church in the area of Bible and science relationships. This Bible study may be reproduced for group use.
There is an old joke about a novice archaeologist who was terribly disappointed when professional archaeologists refused to accept the authenticity of a coin he had found. He could not understand why the coin, bearing the date of “125 B.C.,” was considered a hoax.
1. The discovery of the colored peoples by the Caucasian Christian West in the 16th century caused some to doubt that the Genesis Flood had been universal since the only family on the Ark were surely Caucasion! Later, at the time of the Industrial Revolution and during the search for coal and minerals, it was realized that rocks appeared in layers or stratum, each of different composition from those layers above and below.
1. Historically, the western mind has, until the beginning of the nineteenth century, considered the earth to be only a few thousand years old and this was based upon the Biblical account and the ensuing genealogies given into historical times. Following European and Elizabethan exploration, questions of race were raised and doubts cast upon the universality of the Genesis Flood.
A preserved coelacanth at the Steinhart Aquarium in San Francisco. Courtesy of BrokenSphere. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario St., Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
1. Neither those who believe in Creation nor those who believe in Evolution deny that there has been an Ice-Age, but opinions differ sharply as to when it occurred, how it occurred and if it happened more than once. There have been many theories, but none have yet adequately explained all the data. In 1815 Mt. Tambora, Indonesia, exploded and in the following year the world saw no summer, there was little food, world-wide starvation and stock markets crashed.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario Street, Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
(Editor's note: Before we landed on the moon, those who believe that the Earth and moon are billions of years old feared that the moon was covered with deep dust that might swallow a spacecraft. They based this fear on measured rates of dust accumulation in our area of space. If dust had been accumulating at measured rates for billions of years, we could have a problem when we tried to land.
Speaking of magnetic fields, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations and "geoengineering" brings us to an interesting ongoing topic of creationist endeavors--describing conditions of the world before it was radically changed by the flood of Noah.
The earth has survived some very catastrophic change, and even evolutionists admit that at different times in earth's history climate conditions were quite different from what they are today.
1. NASA Tech Briefs, "Superconductivity at Your Fingertips," Vol. 12, No.4, April 1988.
2. Morris, J.D., The Young Earth, Master Books, El Cajon, CA, 1994.
Modern sociology, which is based on evolution, cannot be "cleaned up" and made Christian. The very foundation of modern sociology is corrupt and anti-Christian. Sociologists hope to reach their goals by rewriting history and manipulating people into thinking they are right. When people see this, they realize that something is wrong. But the problem lies at the very foundations of sociology. Since it is based on evolution, sociology has no idea of the source or purposes of human practices and beliefs.
Wilderness Discoveries-Forest, Frogs and Feisty Critters Vol 2
North meets South in the Great Lakes region as southern hardwood forests reach their northern limit and converge with the conifer forests of the north. The habitat created by northern plants and creatures interacting with...