"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
Did you know that scientists are working to create new colors? Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say that they are working on new colorants that are being used to add color to other materials.
The Christian faith, and our witnessing of that faith to others, is much more than just telling others of our subjective feelings about Jesus Christ. Nor is the material world in which we live an opposite of the Spiritual realities contained in our faith. It is these ideas which have led people to believe that the Gospel is somehow not as real as the everyday world in which we live, and that evolution can be true at the same time that the Gospel is true (or that the Gospel can be separated from the rest of Scripture without losing it).
Painting: Women at the empty tomb. Artist: Fra Angelico.
1. The gospel of John stresses the themes of truth and light in the context of Christ as creating Son of God and Savior of mankind from sin, death and the devil. In stressing this theme John also contrasts truth and lie. Jesus' words about the devil being the father of lies, untruth being a part of his nature, are in John 8:44. How does this verse contrast with John 18:38-39?
Painting: Christ in front of Pilate by Mihaley Muncaksy.
Many people hold to the notion that man-like beings existed long before Adam and may even have been his contemporary. The idea is usually hazy and half-formed, while comfort is drawn from the fact that many of the spiritual giants of Christendom have given their approval to pre-Adamic or pre-Adamite man. Those seeking biblical support admit this is not explicit but point out that the Bible makes no claim to be a complete record of the history of the world.
Dobbs, Francis. 1800. A Concise View from History... Dublin: J. Jones.
Fleming, Sir John Ambrose. 1935. The Origin of Mankind viewed from the standpoint of revelation & research. London: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.
1. Today's public school textbooks on Biology, Earth sciences, and Human society generally well-present the facts; it is the interpretation of those facts that is currently under fire and is being openly questioned. Without exception, that interpretation is from the evolutionary perspective and serves to colour the very words that are used in the text. Textbooks on Human anthropology are notoriously bad in this repect.
Photo: Charles Darwin in 1854.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario St., Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
1. Archaeopteryx means "early wing" and is the paleontologist's Rosetta stone seemingly providing the perfect evidence for the otherwise elusive transition creatures which should fill the rocks with their fossil remains. First discovered in 1861, it is the purported transition between the dinosaur and the bird; seven specimens are claimed to exist.
Photo: The Berlin archaeopteryx specimen. Courtesy of H. Raab. (CC A-SA 3.0 Unported)
1. The three basic questions that have faced mankind since the beginning of time are: Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where are we going? Philosophers have attempted to provide answers based upon human wisdom but these answers vary from one philosopher to the next. On the other hand, a great many people believe that there is a God who created everything and gave mankind the Scriptures in which are found the correct answers to those three eternal questions.
The December 1, 1986, issue of Time magazine (128:75) reported the case of prodigy Stephen Baccus who, at 17, had just become the youngest known person ever to be sworn in as a lawyer in the United States. He graduated from high school at 12 and from university at 14. Such cases are uncommon and tend to catch the attention of the popular media.
Anonymous. 1870. Eclectic Magazine (New York) 12:383.
Bousfield, W.A., and H. Barry. 1933. American Journal of Psychology 45:353.
Brackman, Arnold C. 1980. A Delicate Arrangement. New York: Times Books.
Burt, Cyril. 1965. New Scientist (London) 28:122.
Encyclopaedia Judaica. 1971. Mnemonics. 12:187.
Horowitz, William A., et al. 1965. American Journal of Psychiatry 121:1075.
Hunter, Ian M.L. 1962. British Journal of Psychology 53:243.
Juda, Adele. 1949. American Journal of Psychiatry 106:296.
Kipling, Rudyard. 1937. Something of Myself for My Friends ... . London Macmillan.
Loewi, Otto. 1953. From the Workshop of Discoveries. Lawrence, KS: U. of Kansas Press.
Schott, Emmett L. 1931. Journal of Abnormal Psychology 26:94.
Stevenson, Robert Louis. 1892. A chapter on dreams in: Across the Plains. In: The Travels
and Essays of R.L.S. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons.
Stratton, George M. 1917. Psychological Review 24:244.
Taylor, Ian T. 1984. In the Minds of Men. Toronto: TFE Publishing.
Tyrrell, George N. 1946. The Personality of Man. London, Penguin Books.
Note: Creation Moments exists to provide Biblically sound materials to the Church in the area of Bible and science relationships. This Bible study may be reproduced for group use.
Goal: The goal of this study is to show how the philosophy of evolution, which was already around at the time of Christ, is prophesied in Scripture to grow to a world-wide influence before Christ's final return to earth.
To discuss this topic meaningfully, we necessarily must think in terms of a recent creation. If we are thinking in terms of five billion years of earth's history, about one or two billion years of life's history, and about one or two million years of human history, the study of the world before the flood would be more or less without meaning. One would then have to think in terms of a local flood, and the world before such a flood would be no different from the world after the flood.
By Henry M. Morris, Ph.D., Professor of Hydraulic Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia and Chairman of Creation Research Society. This talk was delivered at the Creation Seminar, Springfield, Illinois on July 8, 1968.
When claims are made that certain animals known only by their fossils are "extinct," all that is really meant is that no living specimens have been found. For example, the oceans are the least explored area of this planet and undoubtedly contain many creatures that are passing into extinction without ever having been discovered. The plesiosaur may possibly be one such example.
Photo: Skeleton of Columbian mammoth. Courtesy of WolfmanSF. (CC-BY-SA 3.0)
(This is a condensed version of an essay submitted by Alfred
In our time many people believe that the creation account is a myth and they deny what the Bible says regarding the flood of Noah. No wisdom of man or scientific knowledge can solve the mystery of creation; only God can tell us in His book, the Bible.
To understand the tragedy of the Flood, we must answer the question, "Are the masses of water now on earth in the same places as when God created the earth?" Land masses now comprise only 21 percent to 22 percent of the earth's surface while the remaining 78 or 79 percent is water. According to the Bible it has not always been so.
Copyright ? 1972 Bible Science Newsletter. Creation Moments, Inc. PO Box 839 Foley, MN 56329 800-422-4253 www.creationmoments.com
Richard Dawkins, the world's most famous out-of-the-closet living atheist and evolutionary biologist, said in an interview with Salon Magazine: "For a long time it seemed clear to just about everybody that the beauty and elegance of the world seemed to be prima facie evidence for a divine creator. "
Darwinism was originally found so acceptable by so many because it provided the mechanism for evolution, so men could understand all that exists as not needing a Creator. Today, however, Darwinism is all but dead, killed by the lack of positive evidence, and by the growth of human knowledge in dozens of areas. Still, evolutionism persists. Evolution is called a "fact" even if we can see no way it could have happened. This irrational position seems surprising until one realizes that evolutionism was prophesied.
1. The discovery of the colored peoples by the Caucasian Christian West in the 16th century caused some to doubt that the Genesis Flood had been universal since the only family on the Ark were surely Caucasion! Later, at the time of the Industrial Revolution and during the search for coal and minerals, it was realized that rocks appeared in layers or stratum, each of different composition from those layers above and below.
It was four o'clock on Wednesday afternoon of April 19, 1882, when Charles Darwin took his last breath. His final hours had been accompanied by much chest pain and vomiting as his heart struggled to keep going through several attacks. The weakened heart did not survive the final attack and, with the signal death gasp, Charles Darwin left this mortal life.
Hope, Lady [Elizabeth Reid Denny, née Cotton] "Darwin and Christianity" Watchman-Examiner (Boston), n.s., 3, August 19, 1915, p.1071. Moore, James. 1994. The Darwin Legend. Grand Rapids, MI. Baker Books.
Speaking of magnetic fields, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations and "geoengineering" brings us to an interesting ongoing topic of creationist endeavors--describing conditions of the world before it was radically changed by the flood of Noah.
The earth has survived some very catastrophic change, and even evolutionists admit that at different times in earth's history climate conditions were quite different from what they are today.
1. NASA Tech Briefs, "Superconductivity at Your Fingertips," Vol. 12, No.4, April 1988.
2. Morris, J.D., The Young Earth, Master Books, El Cajon, CA, 1994.
The Voice of Creation. Your whole family will enjoy this vivid multimedia testimony to the majesty of the Creator! Featuring magnificent images of nature, original music and NIV narration, the DVD spans 19 books and 67 chapters...