Introduction.The study of early man is known as paleoanthropology and, although scientific techniques are used, this discipline deals with non-repeatable and non-observable events of the past and by definition cannot be considered as a science. The exercise begins by assuming that man evolved from the animal Kingdom then looking for evidence that would confirm it.
Photo: Neandertal skull. Courtesy of Luna04. Licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2.
Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud and Karl Marx have often been regarded as that unholy trinity who, in the 19th century, laid the foundation for today's pagan society. Darwin gave the world biological evolution in 1859. Freud later developed the notion to give us the evolution of the human psyche, while at about the same time Marx told us how society would evolve.
Engelman, E. 1972. Engelman's farewell view. CA: Intellectual Digest 2[Jan.]:74. Frazer, J.G. 1890. The Golden Bough. London: Macmillan. 2 vols. Masson, J.M. 1984. The Assault on Truth. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux. Semitis, I.G. 1987. Sigmund Freud.
When claims are made that certain animals known only by their fossils are "extinct," all that is really meant is that no living specimens have been found. For example, the oceans are the least explored area of this planet and undoubtedly contain many creatures that are passing into extinction without ever having been discovered. The plesiosaur may possibly be one such example.
Photo: Skeleton of Columbian mammoth. Courtesy of WolfmanSF. (CC-BY-SA 3.0)
Dr. Donald Johanson Brings His Unique Brand of "Science" to the University of Missouri
On November 20, 1986 several CSA members had the rather dubious pleasure of joining 800 other folks at UMKC to learn why LUCY, a "3,000,000 year old" chimpanzee, was really our ancestor; rather than the assorted apes exhumed by the Leakey family. Donald Johanson, of Stanford University, opened with a few persuasive remarks about how all science is very tentative and "paleoanthropology" is even more tentative than most (All he has to work with are pieces of rock and lots of imagination).
(This is a condensed version of an essay submitted by Alfred
In our time many people believe that the creation account is a myth and they deny what the Bible says regarding the flood of Noah. No wisdom of man or scientific knowledge can solve the mystery of creation; only God can tell us in His book, the Bible.
To understand the tragedy of the Flood, we must answer the question, "Are the masses of water now on earth in the same places as when God created the earth?" Land masses now comprise only 21 percent to 22 percent of the earth's surface while the remaining 78 or 79 percent is water. According to the Bible it has not always been so.
Copyright ? 1972 Bible Science Newsletter. Creation Moments, Inc. PO Box 839 Foley, MN 56329 800-422-4253 www.creationmoments.com
Three former staunch evolutionists have recently publicly challenged the basic foundations of evolution theory. Astronomers Sir Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe and palenotologist Colin Patterson have put the scientific world into a spin by renouncing essential tenets of the very theory on which they had built their careers without accepting the creation alternative.
Photo: Francis Crick. Courtesy of Marc Lieberman. (CC-BY-SA 2.5)
Richard Niessen, Bernard Northrup and David Watson
Is the Gap Theory a Biblical Option?
by Richard Niessen
The Gap Theory Scenario
Thomas Chalmers, The Works of Thomas Chalmers On Natural Theology (Giasgow: Wm. Collins & Co., n.d.).
Bernard Ramm, The Christian View of Science and Scripture, (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1954), pp. 195 ff. Arthur Custance, Without Form and Void, (Brockville, Canada: Doorway Publishers, 1970).
See the author's "Significant Discrepancies Between Theistic Evolution and the Bible" in the Creation Research Society Quarterly, (March 1980), and "Theistic Evolution and the Day-Age Theory," ICR Impact No. 81 (March 1980).
John C. Whitcomb, Jr. and Henry M. Morris, The Genesis Flood (San Diego: Creation-Life Publishers, 1961).
Harold Slusher, The Age of the Cosmos (Creation-Life Publishers, 1980); Henry Morris, Scientific Creationism (Creation-Life Publishers, 1974), pp. 131-169.
This 98% ratio apparently holds true for the entire Old Testament. Out of 4,900 occurrences, only 64 could be translated as "became" and the rest are translated as "was." Robert E. Kofahl and Kelly L. Segraves, The Creation Explanation (Wheaton, IL: Harold Shaw Publishers, 1975), p. 232.
Weston W. Fields, Unformed and Unfilled (Nutley, New Jersey: Presbyterian and Reformed, 1976). This is the most scholarly and refutation of the Gap Theory currently available.
John C. Whitcomb, The Early Earth (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1972), p.129
This is also a serious objection to the Day-Age Theory.
10. The Bible states that the sun, moon, and stars were not created until the fourth day - three days after the formation of the earth (Gen. 1:14-19). In an attempt to retain the essentially evolutionary cosmology of the sun and stars before the earth, Scofield claims that the sun and moon were created in the beginning. The light of Gen. 1:3-4 came from the sun, but a heavy cloud cover obscured the sky for the first three days (Scofield Reference Bible, p. 3). This interpretation is clearly forced and is against the obvious sense of Gen. 1:14-11) that the heavenly bodies were not in existence until that time. For a discussion of the problem of light before the sun, see the author's article "Biblical Indications of a Rotating Earth," Bible-Science Newsletter (December 1980), pp. 1-3.
There is a disagreement over whether the waters peaked at the 40th or at the 150th day.
For a detailed breakdown of the various stages in the Flood scenario, see Whitcomb and Morris, The Genesis Flood, p. 3.
Arthur C. Custance, Without Form and Void (Brockville, Canada: Doorway Publishers, 1970); The Flood: Local or Global? (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1979); Bernard Ramm, The Christian View of Science and Scripture (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1954, pp. 229-249).
Richard Dawkins, the world's most famous out-of-the-closet living atheist and evolutionary biologist, said in an interview with Salon Magazine: "For a long time it seemed clear to just about everybody that the beauty and elegance of the world seemed to be prima facie evidence for a divine creator. "
Note: Creation Moments exists to provide Biblically sound materials to the Church in the area of Bible and science relationships. This Bible study may be reproduced for group use.
How do you witness to someone about Christ? Especially if that person is well educated and really committed to evolution? Your first response is "I believe in creation but I cannot argue science with this person."
1. Public school textbooks on Biology, Earth sciences, and Human society generally well-present the facts; it is the interpretation of those facts that is currently under fire and of concern. Without exception, the interpretation is from the evolutionary perspective and serves to colour the very words that are used in the text. Textbooks on Human anthropology are notoriously bad in this respect.
Illustration: Though the appendix is now known to play an essential part in the immune system, evolutionists persist in calling it a vestigial organ.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario St., Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
Darwinism was originally found so acceptable by so many because it provided the mechanism for evolution, so men could understand all that exists as not needing a Creator. Today, however, Darwinism is all but dead, killed by the lack of positive evidence, and by the growth of human knowledge in dozens of areas. Still, evolutionism persists. Evolution is called a "fact" even if we can see no way it could have happened. This irrational position seems surprising until one realizes that evolutionism was prophesied.
A century ago the world traveler was struck with the fact that the hand of Western culture was evident from the Bedouin tents of Arabia to the aboriginal huts of Tasmania. At that time, the obvious outward and visible sign was the Singer sewing machine; today it is the ubiquitous Coke bottle.
1. The discovery of the colored peoples by the Caucasian Christian West in the 16th century caused some to doubt that the Genesis Flood had been universal since the only family on the Ark were surely Caucasion! Later, at the time of the Industrial Revolution and during the search for coal and minerals, it was realized that rocks appeared in layers or stratum, each of different composition from those layers above and below.
It was four o'clock on Wednesday afternoon of April 19, 1882, when Charles Darwin took his last breath. His final hours had been accompanied by much chest pain and vomiting as his heart struggled to keep going through several attacks. The weakened heart did not survive the final attack and, with the signal death gasp, Charles Darwin left this mortal life.
Hope, Lady [Elizabeth Reid Denny, née Cotton] "Darwin and Christianity" Watchman-Examiner (Boston), n.s., 3, August 19, 1915, p.1071. Moore, James. 1994. The Darwin Legend. Grand Rapids, MI. Baker Books.
1. Neither those who believe in Creation nor those who believe in Evolution deny that there has been an Ice-Age, but opinions differ sharply as to when it occurred, how it occurred and if it happened more than once. There have been many theories, but none have yet adequately explained all the data. In 1815 Mt. Tambora, Indonesia, exploded and in the following year the world saw no summer, there was little food, world-wide starvation and stock markets crashed.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario Street, Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
Speaking of magnetic fields, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations and "geoengineering" brings us to an interesting ongoing topic of creationist endeavors--describing conditions of the world before it was radically changed by the flood of Noah.
The earth has survived some very catastrophic change, and even evolutionists admit that at different times in earth's history climate conditions were quite different from what they are today.
1. NASA Tech Briefs, "Superconductivity at Your Fingertips," Vol. 12, No.4, April 1988.
2. Morris, J.D., The Young Earth, Master Books, El Cajon, CA, 1994.
Creationists are often told that while their concern for the Bible's teaching on creation is admirable, such a concern has little to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In reality, Scripture can be compared to Christ's robe, which was woven of one strand. Nothing could be cut out of it without the entire robe unraveling. And nothing can be cut out of Scripture or ignored without doing damage to the biblical message of salvation in Jesus Christ.
As a leading research professor, John Sanford has seen the harmful effects of how a faulty worldview inhibits good science, especially in the area of alleged “junk DNA”. In this fascinating DVD, he shows how these fallacious...