1. The Fall of man took place in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve had been created in perfection in a perfect world; they were physically perfect and quickly becoming full of God's wisdom. There were three kinds of tree in the Garden: trees to provide food, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life. Satan tempted Eve where she was most vunerable: pride. He offered the opportunity for Adam and Eve to obtain wisdom without having to go to God each time; they would thus be independant.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario St. Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
Why do we need physicians and medicine? If God created the world and everything in it perfect, where did disease, sickness and death come from? How can disease and death be part of God's plan for the creation?
God did not fashion a creation in which disease and death took place. Our ailments are our own doing. We added them to God's creation. When man withdrew his love from God by disobeying Him, man changed the nature of God's creation.
Photo: A photomicrograph of Clostridium botulinum bacteria.
The computer chip, which runs a computer, is a little wafer of silicon that has a marvelously intricate connection of parts, all a fraction of an inch in size. It has been designed and created. I do not know any evolutionists who claim that any particular computer chip was formed by a series of accidents of fire, water, gravity, sparks, and so on.
Since the rise of modern scientific creationism, which received its greatest impetus with the publication in 1961 of The Genesis Flood by Whitcomb and Morris, the creationist position has been greatly vindicated in that much of the evolutionary establishment has now moved noticeably away from Neo-Darwinism, thus reluctantly but tacitly acknowledging the constant creationist pressure.
1. Woodmorappe, J. 1978. The cephalopods in the Creation and the Universal Deluge. Creation Research Society Quarterly (CRSQ) 15(2):94-112.
2. Woodmorappe, J. 1980. An Anthology of Matters Significant to Creationism and Dituviology, Report 1
In Genesis 1:9-10, we have the account of God's separation of the land and the water, which resulted in the creation of the continents and the oceans. We know that God here summarizes what He did because in Job 38:4-18 God provides us with more of the details of His design for the ocean.
Photo: Courtesy of Brocken Inaglory. (CC-BY-SA 4.0)
God controls the seas with more ease than we control a glass of water. While Scripture is revealing God's awesome and comforting power over the seas, it also reveals scientifically accurate facts to us about the seas. This accuracy is important, for if God's Word is accurate only when it speaks in a comforting way to us, we have perhaps the strangest God that man ever thought of.
(By Walter Lang, executive director of the Bible-Science Association. This is a condensation of the essay delivered at the Creation Seminar at Lucerne, California, August 7-12, 1967, and at Biola College, La Mirada, California, September 9, 1967)
Three former staunch evolutionists have recently publicly challenged the basic foundations of evolution theory. Astronomers Sir Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe and palenotologist Colin Patterson have put the scientific world into a spin by renouncing essential tenets of the very theory on which they had built their careers without accepting the creation alternative.
Photo: Francis Crick. Courtesy of Marc Lieberman. (CC-BY-SA 2.5)
In Colossians 1:16-20 we are told that the Christ who created all things also upholds all things; that He must be God to save us from our sins; that He had to rise from the dead; that He who is above all angels and devils, must be predominant in all things.
1. Public school textbooks on Biology, Earth sciences, and Human society generally well-present the facts; it is the interpretation of those facts that is currently under fire and of concern. Without exception, the interpretation is from the evolutionary perspective and serves to colour the very words that are used in the text. Textbooks on Human anthropology are notoriously bad in this respect.
Illustration: Though the appendix is now known to play an essential part in the immune system, evolutionists persist in calling it a vestigial organ.
TFE Publishing, 33 Ontario St., Suite 112, Kingston, ON. K7L 5E3
1. The discovery of the colored peoples by the Caucasian Christian West in the 16th century caused some to doubt that the Genesis Flood had been universal since the only family on the Ark were surely Caucasion! Later, at the time of the Industrial Revolution and during the search for coal and minerals, it was realized that rocks appeared in layers or stratum, each of different composition from those layers above and below.
(Editor's note: Before we landed on the moon, those who believe that the Earth and moon are billions of years old feared that the moon was covered with deep dust that might swallow a spacecraft. They based this fear on measured rates of dust accumulation in our area of space. If dust had been accumulating at measured rates for billions of years, we could have a problem when we tried to land.
Speaking of magnetic fields, atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations and "geoengineering" brings us to an interesting ongoing topic of creationist endeavors--describing conditions of the world before it was radically changed by the flood of Noah.
The earth has survived some very catastrophic change, and even evolutionists admit that at different times in earth's history climate conditions were quite different from what they are today.
1. NASA Tech Briefs, "Superconductivity at Your Fingertips," Vol. 12, No.4, April 1988.
2. Morris, J.D., The Young Earth, Master Books, El Cajon, CA, 1994.
In the 1920′s J. Harland Bretz, a secular geolgoist proposed to his
colleagues evidence for a massive Flood across eastern Washington. He
was rejected by the scientific community because what was proposing was