Skip to content
I normally would not say the following because I know that certain people arn't going to like it but when it comes to the persistant, unending attempts to teach your creationist belief in the schools as "science", I have no choice but to finally speak out.
I do not believe in Creationism for the following reasons:
1. Why does there have to be any conflict with believing in evolution and at the same time, believing in a higher power? Even though evolution may conflict with the Bible's teaching that everything was created all at once does not mean that it conflicts with many other sacred belief systems of a Supreme Being.
2. I do not worship the God of the Old Testament. This is a mean, punishing, jealous God of Fear. My personal, private God is a God of Love.
3. There are many parts of the Old Testament that appear to be based on nonsense, having no scientific validation what-so-ever. For example:
a. How do you explain scientifically how someone can be changed into a pillarof salt?!!
b. If there was a great flood that covered the entire Earth less than 6,000 years ago, where is the scientific evidence??
c. Explain scientifically how a snake can talk.
d. Where in Nature has a female ever come from a male's rib? A primary law of nature is that males come out of females, not vice versa.
e. The science of Astronomy has now for 100s of years invalidated the idea that the Sun revolves around the Earth.
f. Explain how simply eating an apple can be blamed for all the suffering on this earth?
g. Where is there any proof that people have lived to be almost a thousand years old?
h. How can a loving God expect people to sacrifice animals for him?
There are many other ridiculous, illogical examples like these found in the Bible that clearly go against primary laws of nature and basic common sense, thus proving that creationism has absolutely nothing to do with science.
4. How can the Bible claim to be the only source of Truth when there were many other sacred beliefs and types of worship found all over the world long before the Bible was even written. And many of these religions make a lot more sense than the Old Testament.
5. Genesis appears to be written by misogynists who hate women. Everything it says is negative towards women: God is he, not she. Where is the scientific proof of this? He created man first before woman and created her out of man as a helper for man. Again, where is the scientific evidence? Then of course mankind is in suffering because some woman ate an apple. How ridiculous is that? As punishment, God told her that she must submit to her husband. How selfish is that? And that he will greatly increase her pain in childbirth. How cruel is that? Then, of course, there is polygamy, thus dehumanizing women to nothing but property.
In summary, don't get me wrong. I believe in a Supreme Being. But this Supreme Being is a very loving, merciful, fairminded, kind hearted being who has nothing to do with your "creationist" god, the God of the Old Testament.
More information about formatting options
Copyright 2014 Creation Moments. All Rights Reserved.
August Ash, Inc. -
Minneapolis Web Design