The Gospel in the Creation
End of Year 2010
Dear Friend of Creation,
When morning gilds the skies, my heart awakening cries, may Jesus Christ be praised!
I will never forget driving along the magnificent Columbia River Gorge in the early morning hours, watching the light break gloriously through the clouds with rays from the sun … and just being awestruck about the Lord! I was on a business trip with a salesman coworker who, though not in the habit of talking about such things, commented that this was the majesty and glory of God – and we began talking about spiritual matters while basking in the marvel and magnificence of it all. Indeed, as Martin Luther said,
“God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.”
With Christmas upon us and the end of another year, we can reflect on the wonder of God’s great gifts to us. He gave us the clouds. He gave us the sun. He gave us the wind and the rain, the trees, the flowering meadows, the moon and the stars. He gave us each other, family, babies and loved ones. And then He gave us Himself! What a wonderful giving God – the giver of life, joy, liberty and blessings from above!
At Creation Moments we pray that you en-JOY the blessings of God’s marvelous creation – because He made it all for us (Genesis 1)! He asks only that we give a small portion of what we have back to Him. And as we learn to give, we find – as the Bible teaches – that you cannot out-give the Lord.
Creation Moments has been your partner in ministry this past year, giving out the message that the marvels of creation are, indeed, attributed to the God of the Bible – not to evolution or any other idol. This year we are happy to report many more lives that have been touched by our ministry:
“Thank you for your faithful ministry. I’ve often used your resources to debate opponents. Creation Moments really is a light in a dark place!” - A.S.
“I was thrilled yesterday to find Creation Moments on the web! Thank you again for developing these materials and making them available so that we may share them.” - B.L.
“Thank you for Creation Moments emails. I find my faith strengthened … What a great God! Kindly let me know if we can partner together and teach such teachings in Kenyan radio.” - D.K.
“Keep up the good work. I’ll recommend your site to all of my friends. Considering the times, it’s imperative that we continue to debunk the fallacy that is the Darwinistic world view.” - M.W.
And we’ve made much progress in the past year with the tools of ministry that you have made possible:
- We’ve produced 270 two-minute educational “Creation Moments” programs that are broadcast worldwide five days each week on over 1,300 radio stations and outlets worldwide. There are now more than 1,500 different programs available for stations to air. Program transcripts are also being printed by hundreds of churches for church bulletins and newsletters.
- We published a new book – 25 Short Answers to Big Questions About Creation – and a new DVD called Moments with God’s Creation. I’m happy to report that we’re also nearing completion of Volume 6 of Letting God Create Your Day, our best-selling book series.
- We continue to push the ministry technology envelope by publishing two apps for the iPhone/iPod: the Letting God Create Your Day Devotional and our Today’s Creation Moment app, making it easy to listen to our daily program on mobile devices.
- We have totally overhauled our website and e-mail system, creating more efficiency, better management, user-friendliness and cost-control. In the past year, 55,863 first-time visitors came to our website. We’ve also added a Creation Moments Group on the popular Facebook social networking site, enabling us to reach even more new people.
- We continue to serve our growing Hispanic audience through “Momentos de la Creacion” reaching the southern U.S., Mexico, Spain and the Caribbean as well as South and Central America with 240 new programs translated and broadcast. We have seen a dramatic increase in the number of requests for Spanish materials.
- We continue to distribute thousands of DVDs, books, CDs and videos as well as website downloads.
We feel blessed and grateful for the ministry the Lord has entrusted to us! And we are happy to say that all is in order as we steward this ministry with a cost-effectiveness that amazes our auditing oversight. We are very thankful for you, our partners in ministry, and we appreciate the prayers and gifts you send to bring the light of Christ to a lost world! Remember, you cannot out-give God. As the hymn says, “For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.” Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Yours in Christ,
Mark Cadwallader, Board Chairman
P.S. For your gift of any amount we will send you the book Answers to the 4 Big Questions. And for a donation of $25 or more, we will also send you And God Said: The Voice of Creation – a 38-minute DVD featuring stunning photography, an original soundtrack and a narrative spanning 19 books and 67 chapters of Scripture (NIV).
To receive one or both of these resources, please call us at 800-422-4253 or click here.
Remember that a cash gift postmarked by December 31 can help reduce your 2010 federal income taxes. If you itemize, the higher your tax bracket, the greater the savings for your charitable deductions. To receive a 2010 tax deductible receipt, donations must be postmarked by the US Postal Service on or before December 31, 2010.